CANDLE CARE TIPS
Gavin Luxe Candles feature 50+ hours of burn time. Our candles feature cotton wicks, which ensure a slow even burn and optimum fragrance diffusion. Gavin Luxe Candles hold the highest percentage of fragrance to wax that the wax is capable of holding.
Just a few tips to ensure that you are receiving the maximum performance from your Gavin Luxe Candle.
It’s important to burn your Gavin Luxe Candle for a few hours the first time to liquefy the entire top layer of wax. If the wax is not allowed to liquefy or to melt from edge to edge of the jar, it will create a “memory ring,” especially if this is the first time the candle is lit. Once a candle has this “memory ring,” it will continue to tunnel and to burn that way for the life of the candle.
We suggest trimming the wick every 4 hours of burn time. When wick trimming, you should always extinguish the flame, let the candle cool to room temperature, and trim the wick to 1/4 – 1/8 of inch before relighting.
Always burn candles well away from drafts, other heat sources, and anything flammable. Keep burning candles are out of reach of children and pets. Never leave a burning candle unattended.
- Burn your soy candle in a well ventilated room. Burn on a heat resistant surface.
- Always discard any twine, hanging tags and candle package boxes before burning.
- Extinguish the flame if it becomes too close to the side of your container.
- Keep away from drafts & vents and anything that can catch fire.
- Do not touch or move candle when lit or when wax is melted, glass can become hot.
- Never burn candle more than 4 hours.
- Keep wax pool free of wick trimmings, matches and any other debris
- Extinguish your candle if it smokes or if flame becomes larger than 1″.
- Let candle cool for at least an hour, trim wick and re-light.